Bino, 20X80mm, Giant Konus
Designed for astronomical and terrestrial viewing.
Features large, over-sized 80mm objectives with anti-reflection optical coatings to produce images that are bright, clear and crisp.
This combination of objectives and coatings makes them ideal for bird or nature watching, especially at low-light, and stargazing.
The Giant combines the power of a telescope or spotting scope with the ease-of-use and depth of view provided by porro prism binoculars.
Since this binocular is essentially two scope mounted in tandem, it is recommended that they be mounted on a tripod.
To help facilitate this, they come with a built-in tripod mount and center stabilizer rod.
To help reduce the overall weight, the chassis is made of lightweight polycarbonate.
An added advantage of this material is that it is more resistant to expansion and contraction with temperature changes than aluminum, which can cause the optics to shift out of collimation over time.
- 20x magnification
- 80mm objective lenses
- Anti-reflection coated optics
- 190' field of view at 1000 yd
- Wide angle 72 apparent field of view
- 17mm eye relief, 3.83mm exit pupil
- Use and Handling
- Center focus wheel
- Right-eye dioptric adjustment
- Fold-down rubber eyecups
- Construction Details
- Lightweight, temperature-resistant, and durable polycarbonate housing
- Rubber-armored exterior
- Integrated tripod adapter with stabilizer rod